Thursday, January 3, 2013

RiR: the Process Myth

From Rand's in Repose, a really nice article on how documented processes are intended to preserve the culture of a company, why engineers don't like them, how they should be ready to defend themselves, and so forth.  Good background on why process as she is wrote doesn't always work well for people even though they desperately need it above the level of - well, let's say above the level of zero people in the company.  My company is just me, and I still suffer from lack of process, which is why I'm automating.

But I think it's important to think hard about what process means, how it can be tied to its origin stories better, and how it can be integrated into the human more effectively.  I'm going to have to reread this article a few times.

No comments:

Post a Comment